If you are interested in a technical or trade career then a career training loan may be right for you. Career Training Loans are generally lower-interest student loans used for trade school, technical training, distance learning (online courses), and continuing education programs. These loans can be used for school programs designed to further your education and enhance your current career, or to learn a new trade or skill.
These loans are largely based on your credit history, so you must have good credit or a co-signer with good credit in order to obtain a career training or continuing education loan. A co-signer can be any close relative, a spouse, or even a close friend who is willing to co-sign on a loan with you and be listed as a borrower.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have a good Credit History
- Must be attending an accredited program or institution
More Loan Details
- No Loan Limit
- Must be repaid within 15 years
- Can be used for tuition and other education-related expenses
- Your co-signer may be released from the loan after you make 24 consecutive on-time payments
- No penalty for pre-payment
- May choose to repay interest only or interest plus principal during the program duration
- Deferment of up to 1 year allowed